Friday, May 3, 2013

HEAVEN IS FOR REAL



Heaven is For Real

Using booksneeze.com, I received this book from Thomas Nelson book review bloggers program. http://brb.thomasnelson.com/

This review has also been posted on http://www.christianbook.com/
 
Written by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent

 You can visit:  http://heavenisforreal.net/ for a glimpse into this book.

 I needed another book for my next review.  There was only one available, this one.  But I hesitated and didn’t order it but waited a few days and checked again, but still only one.  So, “I may as well take it”.  When it arrived a week later, it sat on the counter.  It did catch my eye a few times and when I finally picked it up there was nothing going to get me to put it down.  Yes, I’d read a short preview But I was not really gripped as thought “how many books can there be about the NDE and this one happened to a 4 year old boy”?  I was totally unprepared for the intense emotion included in the story,

This book is written:

  • In the first person of Colton’s father, Todd Burpo
  • Both he and his wife were very careful to be factful in how they gained their understanding of their son’s time spent in heaven.
  • As attentive parents, they both learn an immense amount of information from their child Colton
  • Todd along with his wife, listened intently to the first hint as to what Colton had experienced, “I heard the angels singing” …
  • Little by little the details came out and just when mom & dad thought they had the whole story, Colton would let another piece of information out!
  • Colton’s dad Todd as a pastor and mom as a Sunday school leader were both extremely cognizant of the fact that they wanted the information to be Colton’s story and never planned to write a book about the family’s experience.  They also were intent on not “pushing” Colton to tell the story as wanted to ensure he voluntarily told the story and definitely did not ‘put words in their son’s mouth’
This book could be improved by:
Better promotion in order to capture the attention of prospective readers.

I gave this book a 5 star rating because it did simply because it capture my undivided attention and also told a very amazing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment